Sunday, November 6, 2011

Recycled Pringles Can

This week at MOPS our guest speaker spoke on budgeting. We also talked about the importance of teaching our kids how to save, give and spend appropriately. The craft we did was to make your own piggy bank. Since we operate on a budget at MOPS I try to keep the crafts to $1 per mom. Kroger was running a sale on Pringles so I stocked up on 50 cans. This was an interesting sight! I emptied each can and put the chips in Ziploc bags for the moms to take home, then washed out the cans. We used scrapbook paper and Mod Podge (love the stuff!) to cover the cans. We embellished with stickers and ribbon and cut a slit in the lid for the change. I decorated my bank with Disney stickers since we're saving for our Disney trip in February. Another idea for the Pringles can is to fill it with cookies and give at Christmas.