Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Spray Paint Cabinet Knobs

Ok so I'm officially addicted to spray paint! I saw this idea and have gone crazy with it. I'm spray painting the brass knobs that were on the cabinet, light fixtures, even toilet paper holders. Eventually we'll replace these things but for now this will work. So what I did was use steel wool to rough up the knobs and take off the shiny finish. Then I sprayed about 3 coats of paint (oil rubbed bronze) and 2-3 coats of clear. Be sure to cover up the place where the bulb screws in. I'm even going to spray the chandelier in the dining room.

Believe it or not but Rust-oleum makes an oil rubbed bronze. I originally used a hammered dark brown spray by Rust-oleum and it looked really good but I came across this at Lowes. It's what I originally wanted so I just sprayed right over what I had already done. It looks like the real thing!

And here's the finished product. You've seen these in brass. Ours was so rusted! I did take out the glass before painting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment