Monday, November 30, 2009

Painting the Foyer

Nothing ever goes exactly as you plan. Jason's week off for Thanksgiving was spent in the hospital. He had a staph infection in his leg. He's doing much better but was very disappointed that he couldn't work on the house. Needless to say, the painting got done. We had rented a scaffold for painting the foyer and had it for a week. So my father in law helped me paint the ceiling, walls and hang a new light. We were very pleased with the color (SW Sandbar) which will be the main color throughout the house. Here's there result...We got the light for a steal at Overstock.com ($70 and $1 shipping)! I didn't want anything with glass that I would have to figure out a way to clean.I still have to paint the trim (Benjamin Moore Ballet White). I was just thankful to get the foyer painted and not have broken bones from a fall. That scaffold was 18 feet tall and we had to build a "bridge" to paint over the steps! In case you don't remember here's a picture of the foyer before. What a difference paint makes!